tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nybro Bolding" <thomas.bold...@danskebank.dk>
Subject JK2 and IIS 4.0 performance issue
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:59:22 GMT
Greetings list,
I have just upgraded my Tomcat 4.1.27 using JK to Tomcat 5.0.16 using JK2.
In both cases I connect to IIS 4.0 running on Win NT.
Performance is now extremely poor when the JSP pages are being served
through JK2 whereas everything works smoothly when requesting port 8080. I
therefore assume it is the JK2/IIS connection which causes the penalty.

My questions are thus:
-  is anybody connecting IIS 4.0 to Tomcat using JK2 with no or little
perfomance penalty? And in that case which default parameters have been
changed?
- would upgrading to Windows 2000 and IIS 5.0 solve this ussue?
- I have read the isapi_redirector2 is for IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 whereas
isapi_redirector2.02 is for IIS5.1 on Windows XP? Can this be confirmed?
Which version is for IIS 4.0 then???

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Best regards Thomas

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og
andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes
den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er
opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors
that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>