tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Birchler" <jrbirch...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Instructions for compiling JK2 connector for tomcat 5?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 06:42:14 GMT
Neil,

Have not talked to you in a while, and I have not tried this particular
Linux configuration, but I can tell you that it is not unusual to have to
either copy files from one directory to another or set up symbolic links to
make the ant build/make work.

My primary target platform for Tomcat is (Red Hat) Linux followed distantly
by Solaris (SPARC) 8.0. I seem to recall having to do Symlinks in both
cases.

I hope this helps. If not, I will consider building a RedHat 9.0 box to
check it out. Please experiment and let me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Aggarwal [mailto:neil@JAMMConsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:58 PM
To: 'Tomcat-User'
Subject: Instructions for compiling JK2 connector for tomcat 5?

Hello:

Are there any instructions for compiling the JK2 connector for
Tomcat 5?

I am trying to do this on a RedHat 9 machine with the IBM
1.4.1 SR1 JDK.

I have ant 1.5.3 installed and the ANT_HOME variable set properly.
I have apache 2.0.45 installed in /usr/local/apache
I have an enviroment variable JAVA_HOME that points to the java sdk

Here is what I did:

cd /usr/local
Grabbed the jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16.tar.gz from the tomcat 5 binaries
directory.
tar zxf jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16.tar.gz

cd /usr/local
Grabbed the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz from the
connectors
source directory.
tar zxf jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz

cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk
cp build.properties.sample build.properties
vi build.properties and set these directives:
	tomcat5.home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16
	apache2.home=/usr/local/apache
ant native

I get this error:
file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/build.xml:232
: srcdir
"/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/jkant/java" does
not exist!

Any ideas on why this does not work?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by