tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D'Alessandro, Arthur" <Arthur.Dalessan...@cbetech.com>
Subject RE: Manager App Doesn't Reload wars
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 18:11:19 GMT
I pre-create my contexts within the server xml file, and point the
source to the war file.  I can then upgrade the war file, then
stop/start the webapp from the manager application.  This recreates the
webapp from the new war.

-Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Sleeper, Jesse [mailto:Jesse.Sleeper@pioneerinvest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:06 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Manager App Doesn't Reload wars

I'll give it another shot.

In Tomcat 4.1.1.2, wars can be Deployed on a Hot Server for the first
time but not Undeployed if there are any jars in the WEB-INF/lib
directory of the app. Tomcat also does not reflect any changes in the
application if Undeployed and Deployed again because the references in
the work directory do not get refreshed.
Has anyone been able to get this feature to work like the docs say it
does?

Anyone...anyone?

Jester