tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "SH Solutions" <i...@sh-solutions.de>
Subject AW: newbie help please, localhost not found
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:32:44 GMT
Hi

> have you installed Tomcat in a path containing spaces such as c:\Program
Files\Tomcat. If so, reinstall to a path without spaces.

I'm not sure for older versions, but at least Tomcat 5.0.16 installs to a
path with a lot of spaces by default so this shouldn't be an issue. (As it
isn't on my mashine.)

> I'm not behind a proxy as I am using my own PC at home.

Anyway, check you Internet Explorer Options for proxy settings. Depending
upon you internet access there could be a setup for your providers proxy -
which in turn will surely not be aware of your tomcat.

Cu
  Steffen