tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Januski, Ken" <kjanu...@phillynews.com>
Subject RE: RequestDispatcher.forward to cgi?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:54:26 GMT
Thanks Tim,

I'll keep working on it then and see where it gets me.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 12:54 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: RequestDispatcher.forward to cgi?

I would think that the CGI servlet would work on a forward but you must be
sure that:
1) No input streams were open (or that they are compatible with the
CGIServlet)
2) On a POST, you do not call or look at request parameters or the input
stream since it looks like the CGIServlet wants to pass the Inputstream
right
to the servlet.
3) I am unsure of how the CGI servlet goes to look for the exe with respect
to a forward. (But I think you should be ok)

-Tim