tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Norman" <Jazzyn...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: IIS6 connection toTomcat on Win 2003 Server
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:04:40 GMT
Here are the steps I did to get mine to work.... Check your
Workers2.properties file to be sure that the context for the file type is
configured and that the Permissions for the anonymous user is set. That last
thing is very important. That is one reason why you would get that error.

Here is what my steps were. The Workers2 file should be configured like
mentioned in the previous link however...

step 1:     Install Tomcat
        From my example I installed to c:\Tomcat\Tomcat-[version]

Step 2: Copy ISAPI extension to bin\ISAPI folder (you must create the ISAPI
folder)
You can copy both versions if you wish for easy switching
(isapi_redirector2.dll and isapi_redirect.dll)

Step 3: Create this folder as a web virtual directory named "jakarta" with
"Run executables" permissions

******* In conf\server.xml file *******
Step 4: configure host to include IIS root as appBase
        ******* example *******
        <Host appBase="e:/inetpub/wwwroot" name="localhost">
        ***********************
        use forward slashes instead of back slashes for directory
        seperation.

Step 5: Include any other Application contexts you wish
******* example *******
<Context displayName="Tomcat Sample Applications"
docBase="C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-5.0/webapps/jsp-examples" path="/jsp-examples" />
***********************

Step 6: configure the AJP 1.3 listener to listen on the port you require.
******* example *******
<Connector port="40100" protocol="AJP/1.3"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
redirectPort="8443">
***********************
Make a note of this port for use later.

******* In conf\catalina\localhost\admin.xml file *******
Step 7: set context of administration pages to the location of the admin JSP
files
******* example *******
<Context displayName="Tomcat Administration Application"
docBase="C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-5.0/server/webapps/admin" path="/admin"
privileged="true">
***********************
The absolute path is best so that the appBase does not cause problems.

******* In conf\catalina\localhost\manager.xml file *******
Step 8: set context of management pages to the location of the manager JSP
files
******* example *******
<Context displayName="Tomcat Manager Application"
docBase="C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-5.0/server/webapps/manager" path="/manager"
privileged="true">
***********************

******* In conf\jk2.properties file *******\
step 9: in jk2.properties file, make sure that the handler list is
uncommented and the port you specified previously is set for the AJP 1.3
connection
******* example *******
# Set the desired handler list
handler.list=request,channelSocket
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
channelSocket.port=40100
channelSocket.address=localhost

        request.tomcatAuthentication=true
        ***********************

If you are using the newer JK2 ISAPI extension, follow the steps below (the
isapi_redirector2.dll file).
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/jk2/inst
allhowto.html)
******* In conf\workers2.properties file *******
Step10: in workers2.properties, configure the port you specified previously
on the worker like in the example below. Also configure any URI mappings you
want handled by the ISAPI DLL in the file as well.

******* example *******
# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8019]
port=8019
host=127.0.0.1
# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8019]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8019
# Uri mapping
[uri:/examples/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8019
***********************
In the example above, the port was specified as 8019, but that port could be
any you wish.

******* In the registry *******
Step11: in the registry configure the following keys as listed here.
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0"
Once those keys are created (with the Tomcat installer for Windows, only the
ISAPI and the 2.0 keys are not created), create string values as follows
serverRoot (should equal tomcat home directory), extensionUri (http path to
ISAPI DLL file configured previously), workersFile (path to
workers2.properties file), logLevel (one of 3 levels, DEBUG, INFO or ERROR)

If you are using the older version of the ISAPI extension follow the steps
here (the isapi_redirect.dll file).
(or do both and you can switch between the two if you have issues)
******* In conf\workers.properties file *******
Step10: The workers.properties file tells the ISAPI extension how to connect
to Tomcat running in the background.

        ******* example *******
        workers.tomcat_home=C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-5.0
        workers.java_home=C:\JDK\j2sdk1.4.2_01
        ps=\
        worker.list=ajp13
        worker.ajp13.port=40100
        worker.ajp13.host=localhost
        worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
        worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
        ***********************

******* In conf\uriworkermap.properties file *******
step11: The uriworkermap.properties file tells the ISAPI extension the
actual paths and file perameters that are sent to the Tomcat process from
the ISAPI extension.

        ******* example *******
        default.worker=ajp13
        /jsp-examples/*.jsp=$(default.worker)
        /*/*.jsp=$(default.worker)
        ***********************

******* In the registry *******
Step12: in the registry configure the following keys as listed here.
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0"
Once those keys are created (with the Tomcat installer for Windows, only the
ISAPI and the 1.0 keys are not created), create string values as follows
serverRoot (should equal tomcat home directory), extension_uri (http path to
ISAPI DLL file configured previously), log_file (path and filename where
logfile should be created), worker_file (path to workers.properties file),
worker_mount_file (path to uriworkermap.properties file), log_level (one of
4 levels, debug, info, error, or emerg)

step13: Configure an ISAPI extension named anything you wish. As the
executable select the ISAPI redirector you wish (isapi_redirector2.dll or
isapi_redirect.dll).

step14: once complete, try to navigate to a JSP context you configured (such
as /admin or /jsp-examples)

Let me know if any of this helps you.