tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0.x memory leak (not javac)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:03:33 GMT

Howdy,

>Under KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE it does mention issues during web
>application reloading where shared libraries keep references to objects
>instantiated by the web application.  That says "memory leak" to me
>although it doesn't specifically say that.

I see what you mean.  I was searching for "leak" or "memory" and found
stuff unrelated to this issue.

>All I did was search for "memory leak" under Tomcat 4 and all status.
>was not positive that it was marked WONTFIX, I should have clarified
>that in my original message.  I had thought that the issue was
something

Yup, I was searching for INVALID or WONTFIX resolutions for tomcat 4.

>inherent to the design of Tomcat 4 (which was overhauled in Tomcat 5),
>but I'm sure that they are willing to accept patches if anyone can fix
>it.  ;-)

It's a tough one because of the plethora of 3rd party libraries that use
such static variables or threads, leaving tomcat without much choice.

Yoav Shapira