tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Question using JProfiler with Tomcat
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:33:55 GMT

Howdy,
Never use a profiler for absolute values such as how much memory an
object takes or how much time it takes to do a certain operation.  The
time and memory are severely (often orders of magnitude) skewed by the
profiler.  Instead, use relative values as appropriate (e.g. 30% of the
time is spent in this method, rather than 30ms to do the method, or this
last change provided a 10% improvement in memory usage rather than a
10MB reduction).

What are Mo of memory?  MB and a typo I guess?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Or