tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Propeties file
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:06:36 GMT

Howdy,

>sorry guys, i did have a look at tomcat archives and googled that query
too
>but couldn't find anything for my need

Really?  Wow...  A search like this has many threads that answer your
question:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&w=2&r=2&s=property+file+loca
tion&q=b

>as a run tomcat on win2k platform and i don't want the file to be
acceesed
>for security reasons, i can't cant put it under my webapp root, ( of
course
>i can't use tomcat realm authentication to protect it in this webapp)

You do want it accessed by your webapp, right?  Under the webapp root
includes as a special option under WEB-INF, where users cannot see the
file in their browser but you can access it programmatically.  This is a
safe an common use-case.

Yoav Shapira