tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Propeties file
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:44:48 GMT

Howdy,
I'd like to know why so few people bother to do a bit of research prior
to posting ;(

You can search the archives of this list, and you'll see that you have
two main choices, summarized as:
- Put it under your webapp root, and use ServletContext#getResource(...)
- Put it on the classpath, and use ClassLoader#getResource(...)

- You have other choices, but they're more complex, e.g. JNDI
env-entry-refs
- You should NOT use a File-based approach, as it won't work in a packed
WAR distribution

- Since these are connection properties for a DB, you may wish to let
tomcat setup your datasource for you: see the JNDI DataSources How-To
document.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Oracle