tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How can we know Tomcat is running or not through Standalone Java Prog
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:36:43 GMT

Howdy,
You have options that check slightly different things:
- Ping tomcat's port: checks the server is up, accepting request on the
port you check
- Specify a CATALINA_PID file, have your standalone program check for
presence of this file
- Write out your own file from your webapp, have your standalone program
check for presence of this file.
- Use a tool like Nagios

etc. etc.  This is a basic operational question.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Java
>Prog
>
>Hi,
>

>How can we know Tomcat is running or not through Standalone Java
Program.