tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject architecture advice
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:08:03 GMT

I currently have a 6 processor Solaris box that we wish to turn into a tomcat application
server for 250-500 users.

My current plan would be to run two instances of tomcat 5 in a cluster with the session replication
enabled and load balance between these two using the JK2 connector from apache 2.

My questions would be

Is this the best way to do it?

Am I better staticly linking the JK2 module or loading it as a module in apache?

Would I be better having 1 tomcat instance and allowing it to take more memory? (I decided
against this as surely each instance can only utilise a single processor)

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt Dale