tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pitre, Russell" <RPI...@shawmut.com>
Subject RE: jsp page with enctype="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA"
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:12:05 GMT
This should help you out.....I tested it and worked like a charm!

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/commons.html?page=3

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: FTP Admin [mailto:ftp@atalos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 4:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: jsp page with enctype="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA"

Hi,

Hi there,

when I add the following: enctype="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA"

in a FORM element in a jsp page, then the values of the FORM parameters
doesn't get propagated to the action servelet!!!! The servlet receives
nulls only!!! If i skip the enctype="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA" in the FORM,
everything (the parameters do retain their values!) works fine! Any
explanation???

I need this modification in order to include file upload capabilities
into my servlet!

Thanks