tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Christiansen" <>
Subject How do I reload a Servlet from a JSP page?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:46:36 GMT
I am using a JSP page to add and change properties files for my servlet in my development and
testing environments.

I have Tomcat (4.1.24) set up to reload the servlet on changes to the context (i.e. reloadable="true").
When I change an existing properties file, Tomcat responds by reloading the servlet and therefore

However, when I add a new properties file (in the WEB-INF/classes directory), Tomcat never
reloads the servlet. Even when I change that new properties file Tomcat doesn't reload it
until the servlet gets reloaded by some other means.

So my question is:

How do I reload a servlet from a JSP page?

-- Nathan Christiansen
   Tahitian Noni International

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: