tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ostad, James" <JOs...@geneseeisd.org>
Subject RE: JDBCRealm problem
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:25:10 GMT
Tim,
I got the source files.
Now there are three jdbcrealm files:
jdbcrealm.java
jdbcrealmform.java

do I need to compile them all, or just the first one?

thanks,

james

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JDBCRealm problem

If you have a NPE, it might being thrown by the Realm. This can happen
when
there is a null role or similar. This has since been patched. You can
test it
by getting the latest JDBCRealm from source, compiling it and placing it
in
the appropriate nested dir in server/classes. (Which has a higher
precedence
than the lib dir)

-Tim

Ostad, James wrote:

> One more thing,
> when I commented out the realm section in server.xml, the program does
> work with the default realm.
>
> James

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAut
> henticator.java:263)
>

> localhost_log.2003-11-26.txt
> 2003-12-03 09:58:53 StandardManager[/webdav]: Seeding of random number
> generator has been completed
> 2003-12-03 09:58:53 StandardManager[/webdav] IOException while loading
> persisted sessions: java.io.EOFException
> java.io.EOFException
> 	at

java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.ja
> va:2150)
> 	at

java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStre

<---In (14)

Out---> (3)