tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to: Tomcat 5.0.16 as Windows Service
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:50:17 GMT

I'm also seeing the behavior or no stdout or stderr output under Win2k,
although it seems to work fine on my XP box.  Weird.  Anyway, I'd recommend
uninstalling Tomcat5 and getting the .zip distribution.  Just unzip it to a
directory, set CATALINA_HOME as appropriate and run this script
again.  Spaces in paths cause no end in headaches for Java programs.  I
avoid them like the plague.  Can't tell you much more than that.  This
script (from Bill Barker, originally, of which I just made minor
modifications) is the first one that allowed me to even start the service
without error.  I had been using the old tomcat.exe from the 4.1.xx
distributions up until now.

Jake