tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to: Tomcat 5.0.16 as Windows Service
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:50:54 GMT
Thanks for the script, Bill.  I've been looking for something that actually
works and this finally does....almost....

The script is missing one important thing.  It doesn't include
%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar in the --ImagePath which causes JSP compilation
to fail.  Attached is a modified script that fixes that and adds
-Djava.io.tmpdir and adds some -Xms and -Xmx stuff.  BTW, I tried adding
-server, but the service wouldn't start when it was added.  Any idea
why?  How else do I specify Tomcat to use the -server JVM rather than the
default -client?

Jake