tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [WORKAROUND] Re: VERY weird problem with commons-logging and Tomcat5
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:45:58 GMT
At 02:22 PM 12/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Jacob Kjome wrote:
>>You can also use a repository selector.  BTW, do you have log4j.jar *and*
>>commons-logging.jar (not commons-logging-api.jar) in WEB-INF/lib?
>
>Yes, I do, but I have tried several scenarios with and without either of
>them in my WEB-INF/lib.
>Also I tried putting/removing them in common/lib and server/lib.
>The result was always negative.
>
>Hmm... repository selector... never heared of that. Could you kindly point
>me to some resource about this? Sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Log4JProjectPages/AppContainerLogging

But I have no idea how this will integrate with commons-logging, so unless
you are using Log4j exclusively, I cannot guarantee this will work.  BTW,
ContextJNDISelector has been moved to log4j proper (out of the sandbox) and
will be in Log4j-1.3 when it comes out.  Get it from CVS if you want to use it.

Jake