tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [WORKAROUND] Re: VERY weird problem with commons-logging and Tomcat5
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:16:04 GMT

You can also use a repository selector.  BTW, do you have log4j.jar *and*
commons-logging.jar (not commons-logging-api.jar) in WEB-INF/lib?  If not,
put them there and try this scenario again.  A repository selector should
not be necessary in this situation.  However, I always use one as it
guarantees separate logger repositories for each application (based on JNDI
namespace) with no chance of stepping on each other whether or not I have
log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib or a parent classloader.

Jake