tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: Web App Undeployment
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:10:52 GMT

I assume you used the "install" task to deploy the webapp right?  Don't mix
install/remove with deploy/undeploy.  You will get unpredictable results.

Also, Tomcat5's deploy/undeploy is *much* improved.  I suggest an upgrade
to 5.0.16, the latest stable release.  Oh, and install/remove are
deprecated in Tomcat5.

At 08:03 PM 12/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>I am using Tomcat 4.1.27 to deploy my web application. I am using the
>manager application for deployment and undeployment. The deployment is
>working just fine, however, the undeployment is not deleting all the jars
>under WEB-INF/lib directory. I am using following command:
>The command is getting executed successfully. I see the following message:
>OK - Removed application at context path /xxx
>But not all the jars under WEB-INF/lib directory are getting deleted. When
>I try to delete these jars manually, I get the OS message that these jars
>are locked by another process. This causes the subsequent deploy at the
>same context root to fail. I have to restart the Tomcat to get around this
>Has anybody come across such kind of problem ? Any help in this matter
>would be highly appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message