tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to install new version of application (war file)
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:40:37 GMT
At 11:29 PM 12/1/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Sorry Jake, I do not understand your suggestion.
>In my manager/html there is no "tag" field in the deployment form.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Deploy%20A%20New%20Application%20Remotely

"tag: Specifying a tag name, this allows associating the deployed webapp
with a version number. The application version can be later redeployed when
needed using only the tag. "

Install a version of a previously deployed webapp

This can be used to deploy a previous version of a web applicaion, which
has been deployed using the tag attribute. Note that the work directory for
the manager webapp will contain the previously deployed WARs; removing it
would make the deployment fail.

http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=/footoo&tag=footag

And there is a tag attribute in the <deploy> task.

Jake