tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to install new version of application (war file)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:43:26 GMT

The manager app in Tomcat5 now allows for a "tag" to be associated with the
war you deploy.  You can use this from the ant manager tasks as well.  You
can deploy an app and deploy the same app (different version) again with a
different tag.  The old one will be undeployed and the new one will go
in.  If you want to switch back, just specify the tag of an existing
deployed version.

Jake