tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greenland" <je...@netwidedev.com>
Subject RE: IIS6 connection toTomcat on Win 2003 Server
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:14:51 GMT
It *looks* like the guide you followed did not include the changes to
web service extensions to allow the ISAPI application to run.

In the IIS manager, click on the "Web Service Extensions" folder.  On
the right side, click on the "Add a new Web service extension" link.
Type in any Extension name you want (I used "Jakarta-Tomcat"), then
click the "Add" button and add the "isapi_redirect2.dll" file.  Then
check the "Set extension status to Allowed" box at the bottom and click
"OK".  You'll have to restart IIS (right click on your computer name in
the IIS Manager, then click "All Tasks --> Restart IIS") before it'll
take effect.

Give that a shot!

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: swalker@caspercollege.edu [mailto:swalker@caspercollege.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 4:56 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: IIS6 connection toTomcat on Win 2003 Server

Greetings.

Windows 2003 server running IIS 6.0. (IIS 5.0 isolation mode)
j2sdk1.4.2_03
Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.16
isapi_redirector2.dll

New to Java and I did fry finding answers before subscribing.

When I found

http://www.rit.edu/~ack5504/tomcat-iis6-howto/narantugs-sengee-guide.htm

I really thought I'd made it.

IIS is serving pages normal with the WWW service in IIS 5.0 isolation
mode. Virtual dir for the dll is configured. Web Service extensions
status for the dll is set to allow the dll.

Registry contains the required reg entrys per www.rit.edu

Tomcat is working fine on the url/:8080. jsp and servlets all work on
8080.
server.xml

http://localhost/examples/index.html or
serverdrive:\inetpub\wwwroot\examples\index.html
displays ok.

When one of the example links is selected I get The page cannot be
displayed error message.
Expected to receive a tomcat error msg. It was the regular MS error
page..

Have been thru the server.xml and workers2.properties several times.
What else can I do?

Any ideas would really be appreciated.
Thanks
Happy New Year