tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cocalea, Eugen" <Coca...@synygy.com>
Subject RE: How do i run 2 tomcats on the same server and using jk2?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:44:22 GMT
Well,

>From what you said it seems that you were able to setup IIS to work with
only one Tomcat, either the other one is present or not.

>From the link I've sent you, you only have to look at the way
workers.properties is made. You have to make two workers, let's say tomcat1
and tomcat2 and another one, the loadbalancer. Then, make IIS forward
everything to the loadbalancer. For this, in you uriworkermap.properties,
define something like this:

/test/*=loadbalancer

and in your workers.properties

ps=/

worker.list=tomcat1, tomcat2, loadbalancer

worker.tomcat1.port=8009
worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat1.lbfactor=100

worker.tomcat2.port=8010
worker.tomcat2.host=localhost
worker.tomcat2.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat2.lbfactor=100

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat1, tomcat2

If in your $CATALINA_HOME\conf\server.xml you have a context with a path of
"/test", all requests coming to http://localhost/path/<whatever> will go to
one of the tomcats. I can't tell you which one in which order, but they
will. The only test that I did (and it worked) is the one they suggested,
with the index page colored red and blue, and after starting several
browsers pretty fast, I got both red and blue pages. So, it works in the way
they suggest there.

The link again: http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/

E.