tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Tuning Memory leak
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:48:52 GMT
Hi!

David Strupl wrote:
> I have tomcat 4.1.29, JDK1.4.2. Also my app was completely ok with
> tomcat 3.x.x. The 100% of processor time occurs in my case only after
> the OOME. Before the OOME all the threads (both tomcat's and mine) are
> happy.

The processor usage is not too surprising. When your machine runs out
of memory and there are still busy processes, most of the cpu time
will go into swapping in and out those processes. Still, since most
prople are perfectly happy with the tomcat build you are using, there
seems to be a problem with your application code. Perhaps you could
elaborate a bit further here?
And, as we had that subject a few days ago, are you by chance re-using
StringBuffer instances ;-)

Regards,

	Phil