tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Admintool cannot save changes to servers.xml
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:41:29 GMT
Hi!

Volkm@r wrote:
> Question:
> What do I have to change in order to enable admintool to save changes to
> server.xml?

I am not entirely sure here, but from what I have read so far I recon
that the admin webapp is for making changes to the running tomcat
instance _only_. If you know in advance what you want, put it in the
appropriate config file. You only use the admin tool when you have to
make changes on the fly and can't (or don't want to) restart the
server. I don't think the admin tool is intended to work that way and
I am not sure if I would like if it did.

		Phil