tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us>
Subject admin app is forbidden
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:29:16 GMT
I have Tomcat 4.1.27 running with Apache 1.3.27, using mod_jk, on a
Linux box (Red Hat 9.0, but custom-installed Apache and Tomcat in
/usr/local).

I am able to run Tomcat's example servlets, as well as my own custom
servlets (installed as a webapp), and the Manager webapp, but when I try
to view the Admin app, I get a  "403 - resource has been forbidden" message.

http://localhost/manager works fine, login screen is displayed, I log in
and the app runs, but http://localhost/admin is forbidden to me.  I
cannot find anything in the configs that would allow one but prohibit
the other.  The Manager app shows /admin as running, and so do the
logs.  I just can't get to it.

Can anyone tell me why I can't even get to the login screen before the
admin app rejects my attempt?

Thanks.

Jerry