tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: RES: TCP-FIN problem
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:19:23 GMT
Hi!

Sebastian Klenk wrote:
> actually i thought that tomcat was supposed to close the connection
> after all data has been send - if not this explains a lot!

It does, but TCP handshakes are no one-way street.
I can only do wild guesses from here, but what I think is happening is
this: after tomcat sends the last chunk of data, your application does
not release it's hold on the connection, just like as it wants to send
more data toward tomcat. After not doing so for a given time (60
seconds) tomcats assumes that the client on the other side has died
and reaps the connection.
In your code, what is "Receiver"? Where do you get it from?

	Phil