tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: unit testing when application level scoping used
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:55:41 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>You can use MockObjects for this type of thing, assuming that you mean
>the ServletContext and similar scopes.

  We are using a commercial application that is buggy.   I am trying to
test it to see if a new version is better or not than the current
version, but I can't test the webapps because the class expects that
some classes are already instantiated, as they are set in an application
scope by a servlet or jsp page, and there are other classes set in a
session scope by other jsp pages.

  When this is done, will cactus work, or will I need to write my own
jsp page, instantiate the classes needed myself, then run the unit test,
so that everything is set up for it?

  I have never thought of the difficulty of unit testing when using
servlet contexts.

  Thank you for your response.