tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Why JBoss (and Tomcat)?
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:59:30 GMT
Michael Coughlan wrote:

> I agree. Sorry to be so thick, everyone. I hope I am not too far off topic
>
>with this conversation thread, but I simply don't understand how JBoss
>differs from the J2EE SDK.

  There is a specification for J2EE, and then Sun makes an
implementation of that specification, just as many other companies
implement the spec.

  There are differences among the implementations, depending on what
your needs are.  JBoss for example also supports aspect oriented
programming, if that will help your application out.

  Perhaps this will help you decide which application server to use.
http://www.theserverside.com/reviews/matrix.jsp