tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Neville <james.nevi...@babcockbrown.com>
Subject [OT] Re: postgres configuration
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:34:31 GMT
1. You are posting off-topic for the Tomcat list (I just happen to be a
postgres user)

2. RTFM, there are several references to your questions, with v simple
answers.

Starting the postmaster:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/postmaster-start.html
Users & Groups:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/user-manag.html

James

dhayalan@curvet.net wrote:

> Hello all
>
>                 i am Inserting data to  postgresql question please help me solve this
problem  i am not given any username ans password by the time of creating db what should be
the username and password and how shout i use -i option for starting postmaster
>pls help me
>

>configuration i made are
>

>I am connecting postgresql and inserting some data and
>i made in pg_hdb.conf file to             host      all       all       127.0.0.0
 255.255.255.255    trust

>and postgresql.conf  to tcpip_socket =true
>
>pls
>help me solve the problem
>

>Regards
>Dhayalan.G
>
>[root@localhost root]# java HelloPostgresql test root ""
>

>***Exception:
>org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port
are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.