tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Seth Ladd <s...@ehawaii.gov>
Subject Way to get Reference to Servlet from Filter?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:12:33 GMT
Hello,

I don't think this is possible, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. :)

I'd like to get ahold of a servlet reference from within a filter.  Is
there a way?

I have a filter that creates objects and places them within the request
scope, but it does it differently for each end-result servlet.  I'd like
the filter to look at the URI, determine the servlet, and grab the
servlet.  Then, it can either grab its init-params or just call a
special method to get the data it needs.

Now, this idea might be broken to begin with.  The other idea is to just
create a super class for the servlet and handle this base logic from
there.  If I can use a filter, though, that would be great.

Any tips or hints?  I hope I wasn't too vague.

Thanks very much!
Seth