tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us>
Subject Re: mod_jk only usable from localhost
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:02:50 GMT
Jeremy:

I just solved the exact same problem on my setup (Apache 1.3.27 ->
Tomcat 4.1.27 via mod_jk).

In my case, it was because I had enclosed the Tomcat config statements
in httpd.conf in a virtual host block.

I forget why I had done that, but I had asked a lot of questions on this
forum during the initial setup period and those posts led me to the
configuration I was using;  once I got it working on localhost, I was
happy for the time being, until it came time to port the setup from my
staging machine to the live web.

Anyway, as soon as I removed the virtual host config statement, it worked.

See http://www.katzenjammer.us/~jford/apache/tomcat/ for details.

Jerry