tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.16 DBCP Connection Pool Exhausted Error
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:38:32 GMT
Kausik Dey wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Currently I am using 5.0.5 in production. I was trying to upgrade to 5.0.15 or 5.0.16.
I made necessary changes to server.xml
 > to create informix DBCP. Unfortunately, I am getting "Connection
Pool Exhausted" error while trying to obtain the connection
> from Datasource. Is it a bug in these version or I am doing something wrong? Please advise
me.

Hmm... are you getting the error right away or only after a few requests?

Hard to say anything without further information. It is always a good
idea to make sure you properly close all Statements, ResultSets anc
Connections obtained from the pool.
If you ae using commons dbcp, you could also add

to your ressource definition. The first should remove any stale
connections after they time out, the second should give you a stack
trace of the violating code.

Hope this helps

		Phil