tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Garcia <pedro.gar...@groove.com.co>
Subject Re: Manager Valve
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:01:24 GMT

Well, that works fine... but a new question arrives to my mind:
why, when using a valve for a context it works well in one OS and not in
another?
This is what is happening:
i put a valve tag in one of my contexts (<Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve"
allow="xx.xx.xx.*" />). When trying to access the corresponding web
application from my computer running Linux Red Hat i get the following
"message
description _Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden."
_
but if i access the same web application from a computer running
WindowsXP it works well.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Pitre, Russell wrote:

>Ahhhhhh........very nice......i was ripping my hair out, I used
>everything but a comma.....Thank you......
>
>Filter eh?  Good idea.......which is more secure?
>

>Russ

| Pedro A GarcĂ­a Medina                       |
| Groove Media                                |
| emailto: pedro.garcia@groove.com.co         |
| Tel: 6211072                                |