tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: help using JDBCRealm - how to relate a realm with a security constraint
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:10:32 GMT
Pedro,

> What i have done:
> 1. modify the server.xml file to add a Realm tag (<Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
> connectionName="root" connectionPassword="XXXX"
> connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://myserver:3306/mydatabase"
> driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" roleNameCol="role_name"
> userCredCol="user_password" userNameCol="user_name"
> userRoleTable="user_roles" userTable="users" />)

Where did you put this declaration? In the <Context> of your web
application? I recall that Realm declarations can appear in multiple
places. Make sure that it appears in the <Context> where you have:

> 2. modify the web.xml to add a security-constraint tag (
> <security-constraint>
>         <web-resource-collection>
>             <web-resource-name>Area de pruebas de
> seguridad</web-resource-name>
>             <url-pattern>/cosa.jsp</url-pattern>
>             <url-pattern>/test.jsp</url-pattern>
>             <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
>             <http-method>GET</http-method>
>             <http-method>POST</http-method>
>             <http-method>PUT</http-method>
>         </web-resource-collection>
>         <auth-constraint>
>           <description>rol de administrador</description>
>             <role-name>YYY</role-name>
>         </auth-constraint>
>     </security-constraint>
> )

This looks good. What is the URL that you expect to be protetced, and is
not protected? Also, try removing the <http-method> settings, just in
case that is complicating things.

-chris