tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Garcia <pedro.gar...@groove.com.co>
Subject help using JDBCRealm - how to relate a realm with a security constraint
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:34:33 GMT

Hi!
I am trying to set up security management for my web applications
through JDBCRealm.

What i have done:
1. modify the server.xml file to add a Realm tag (<Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
connectionName="root" connectionPassword="XXXX"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://myserver:3306/mydatabase"
driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" roleNameCol="role_name"
userCredCol="user_password" userNameCol="user_name"
userRoleTable="user_roles" userTable="users" />)

Database and corresponding tables exists

2. modify the web.xml to add a security-constraint tag (
<security-constraint>
		<web-resource-collection>
			<web-resource-name>Area de pruebas de seguridad</web-resource-name>
			<url-pattern>/cosa.jsp</url-pattern>
			<url-pattern>/test.jsp</url-pattern>
			<http-method>DELETE</http-method>
			<http-method>GET</http-method>
			<http-method>POST</http-method>
			<http-method>PUT</http-method>
		</web-resource-collection>
		<auth-constraint>
		  <description>rol de administrador</description>
			<role-name>YYY</role-name>
		</auth-constraint>
	</security-constraint>
)

YYY is a role defined in the database

It doesn't work. So i want to know how to relate a realm declared within
a context with the entries in the web.xml file in order to do the users
of my web application to be authenticated against my -user, roles- database.

Thanks!

| Pedro A GarcĂ­a Medina                       |
| Groove Media                                |
| emailto: pedro.garcia@groove.com.co         |
| Tel: 6211072                                |