tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: session attributes seems don´t work with Mozilla 1.4
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:06:36 GMT
On 12/15/2003 04:02 PM Edson Alves Pereira wrote:
> 	Hello folks, i´m using Mozilla 1.4 and i just create a session
> atribute named "Var_Blah" with value "here my value" and made my JSP page
> show its value, like <%= ( String )session.getAttribute( "Var_Blah" ) %>.
>
> 	But it didn´t work, my browser window is modal, any idea?

Well you must have lost the session id info then. When you first start a
session you should see the jsessionid variable in the browser URL, and
probably also in a cookie.

You don't say how you are going from your first page to your second
page, so I couldn't say any more. But if you have cookies disabled and
you are just requesting the same page via a bookmark or some fixed URL,
you will definitely lose the session.

HTH
Adam
--