tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Need some Tomcat Configuration help badly
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:15:43 GMT
Dick Steflik wrote:

> I had the same question. In all of the years I've worked with Java I've
> always thought  it was free of memory leaks. If you use a different
> compiler does the problem go away. Is that how people like JRun
> (Macromedia)  and WebSphere (IBM) avoid the problem?

It could be. Someone here mentioned using Jikes for Tomcat as a workaround
(solution). I know that Jikes has bugs, here and there, but it can be made to
work and it comes with Tomcat. Considering that "javac" has an all present bug
(this memory leak), Jikes is better. I guess commercial solutions use their own
implementations or fork off to get rid of memory leak.

Why does JavaC have that memory leak?

Nix.