tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Default context for web app
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:10:31 GMT
On 12/12/2003 12:15 AM Kent Boogaart wrote:
> I am currently running against version 4.1.27 of Tomcat. I did not
> alter the name of my deploy directory. Here is my <Context> element
> (with env entries removed):
>
> <Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
>    cachingAllowed="true"
>    charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper"
>    cookies="true" crossContext="false" debug="0" displayName="eSM"
>    docBase="D:/tomcat41/bin/../webapps/eSM"
>    mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper"
 >    path=""
>    privileged="false" reloadable="false" swallowOutput="false"
>    useNaming="true"
>    wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper"> ...
> </Context>
>
> My WAR file is called eSM.war and, as you can see, my deploy
> directory is $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/eSM. Note, however, that Tomcat
> uses $TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/_ as the working
> directory for the web app since the path is "".

When I do that, I get a context at "/" and a context at "eSM". In
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/ tomcat makes both "_" and "eSM".

I use exactly the same context config as you, except some I don't
declare since the defaults are the same. The only one I don't recognise
is 'displayName' - can't see it in the docs. What is it?

As I originally said, putting it in ROOT is the only way I have found to
avoid this. But I guess it's not important.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian