tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <Philipp.Tapro...@gmx.net>
Subject [WORKAROUND] Re: VERY weird problem with commons-logging and Tomcat5
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:40:43 GMT
Hi!

I still do not know what is causing this behavior, but I found a
workaround in case anyone else stumbles upon this problem:

In my log4j.properties I left the log4j.rootCategory property alone
and only set log4j.category.package.name.of.my.classes properties for
each package in my webapp to DEBUG.
This way I only get the DEBUG output of my own classes and not ALL
debug messages generated by the container.
I still wonder why my log4j.properties in /WEB-INF/classes should
reconfigure the container's whole logging mechanism. Either this is a
major bug or tomcat4's doing it right was one.

'Till later

	Phil

--
"I love deadlines, I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
- Douglas Adams