tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Directly j_security_check on Tomcat realms
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:37:08 GMT
On 12/11/2003 04:42 PM Grzegorz Samborski wrote:
> I have 2 aplications on Tomcat 4.1.29, one is designed for users(customers) another is
designed for admin on both I use tomcat realms.
> I want to log on user from admin app.
> How to do that?
> I understand that i need to call directly j_security_check on user's app.
> How can I call directly j_security_check
> and how to set user,password and requested page ?

It is complicated. You might try httpclient, which will send the request
from your server back to itself. I would however recommend some other
approach, for instance the single-sign-on facility as outlined in the
Jakarta tomcat docs website.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2