tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.16 : manager-app access
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:20:48 GMT
Hi Dirk,
re: a FAQ or whatever, it's just a case of reading the tomcat 5 docs on
the Jakarta website where appropriate.

The manager app will only let you log on with the role 'manager'. If
your user in that realm isn't in the role, you won't get in. You can
change this in the server/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml config.

However you say you don't even get the chance to login? Strange.

I'm not familiar with the admin app. Are you saying that your realm
should show up there but doesn't?

And the realm works fine for your app and for the admin app, but not for
the manager app?

Judging by the error in the admin app you spoke of, I would guess that
there is something wrong with the roles configuration in your realm. Do
you use roles in your own app? If so and it works, then perhaps it's not
that problem. But I'd look there first.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2