tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: response.reset() and forward() ... problematic? DBCP related?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:00:13 GMT

>So ..... what your telling me, is that it's a concurrency problem
>created by having "object attributes"?  That if they were, in fact being
>called more like:
>
>	doProcess2 ();
>
>than like:
>
>	doProcess1 ();
>
>I wouldn't have these problems?  Very interesting.

Not quite. I don't really understand your structue, but it seems it
needs some refactoring.

>Please write back and ensure that's what you mean ..... because I'm
>pretty sure it is.  Oh, fun.  Here I go to change .... some 100K lines
>of code :-)

As a rule of thumb, do not let your "req" and "res" leave local scope
(do not "store" them anywhere [attribute, static attribute, other
object, ...]).

If you need help with the refactoring and I can access your code, I
might help on saturday. (Which timezone do you live on?)

Yours,

Antonio Fiol