tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Default context for web app
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:06:58 GMT
Yoav,
from my brief experiment, if you don't place it in ROOT, then like the
Kent said it gets deployed twice.

e.g. I put my app in APPBASE/gargantus/ and set the context xml:

path=''
docBase='gargantus'

then I can access my app via http://localhost/ and
http://localhost/gargantus/

I'm not sure about 5.x but in 4.x I remember it definitely deployed it
twice, as evidenced by the logging.

The way to avoid this is to deploy it in ROOT/

It doesn't affect me too much to worry about it but if I decided I
wanted to have a different app at /gargantus/ then I suspect tomcat
would cause problems.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2