tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Like.. (spamcop problem with list)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:01:44 GMT
I wouldn't get too worried about it. It looks like an innocent mistake.

It seems illogical that your server IP was listed, when the mail was
sent by the jakarta list server.

Anyway, if you look at the FAQ at spamcop, it tells you what you can do
about the situation. It appears that the email address of the reporter is:

Parsing input: 195.7.147.34
host 195.7.147.34 = mail.hq.freeler.nl (cached)

Reporting addresses:
abuse@enertel.nl

Your host is 195.7.147.34, right?

Looks like a plain mistake. No idea how though.

Adam

On 12/10/2003 12:40 PM Patrick Ale wrote:
> No,
>
> I am actually talking about the fact that my server is listed at spamcop as a server
known to be used for Spam.
> As a 'sample of spam' a message I sent to the list yesterday is shown. So obviously someone
reported the message
> I sent yesterday to this list as spam :-)
>
> No big deal really, I'd just prefer that someone advises me when I post something non-topic
related or when I formulate
> my sentences in a way that might offend someone rather than reporting my mails as spam.
>
> Here, this is what I mean: http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=195.7.147.34
>
> The sample you see is a part from a mail sent by me to the list to point out what causes
a resolving to localhost.net.au,
> which definatly was not spam :-)
>
> Patrick Ale
> System administrator Freeler B.V