tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Taprogge <>
Subject Problem with JNDI mail session and SMTP auth
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:19:47 GMT

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did not find anything
usefull in the archive.

I am using Tomcat 5 and have configured an SMTP session ressource for
my application as described in the JNDI Ressource HowTo. Since I need
to authenticate to my SMTP server, I have added parameters
mail.smtp.auth, mail.smtp.user and mail.smtp.password to the
definition in server.xml.
When I try to send mail from my web application using the example code
provieded in above howto, I always get an AuthenticationFailed
Exception. Is there anything I am not quite getting here?
If needed, I can, of course, provide a complete server.xml or other files.

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

	Philipp Taprogge

"I love deadlines, I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
- Douglas Adams

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message