tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: where to put context myapp.xml files
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:39:15 GMT
Yes, that's what I thought, but I am upgrading to 5.0.16 and it is not
the case now. Perhaps I have killed the configuration somehow but I have
set all the salient configuration items correctly.

I am sceptical whether you really need to set reloadable to true - which
I have done anyway - because in a production environment this will lead
to unnecessary overhead.

Adam

On 12/09/2003 02:20 PM Altankov Peter wrote:
> It must be put in TOMCAT_HOME/<webapps>, where <webapps> is defined
> in your server.xml 's <Host> tag, i.e.:
>
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="path_to_webapps_folder"/>
>
> ---AND ---
>
> Your context is marked as reloadable i.e:
>
> <Context debug="0" docBase="/path/to/your_app"
> path="/desired_mapping" reloadable="true">			<---- this property set
> to true
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Adam Hardy
> [mailto:ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com] Sent: 09 Декември 2003 г.
> 13:09 To: Tomcat Users List Subject: where to put context myapp.xml
> files
>

> Hi, I thought that xml context configuration files had to reside in
> tomcat/webapps, but it seems they only take effect when they are
> placed in tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost.
>
> Is this correct or am I doing something that prevents tomcat from
> using it when I place it in webapps?
>
> Thanks Adam

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian