tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Testing servlet for thread safety.
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:17:34 GMT
On 12/09/2003 07:16 AM Antony Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>     I asked this question as part of another mail but Mr. Tim Funk left it
> unanswered.
> How to test a servlet for thread safety.

Antony,
it might be the case that he didn't have time to answer, you know.
Nobody on this list is obliged to answer any questions. Attempting to
'name and shame' someone into answering your questions is not going to
make you popular and might backfire on you.

In answer to your question, the best approach would be check first that
you are not abusing any singletons, static methods or member variables
in your servlets.

Then you should set up tests using one of the testing frameworks
available that allows you to submit real data and check the results.

HTH
Adam