tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <...@sgi.com>
Subject Re: How to measue performance? Log4j on/off.
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:07:41 GMT
Hi, Yoav,

I'll take a look at thos products.  I wasn't aware of your other
suggestion.  I assume you mean it will improve the performance when
debugging is turned off thus preventing the debug statement from being
called at all.  Is this because there is a lot of overhead with
debug(...) calls even with debugging off?

This will be fun, I've got a LOT of debug calls to change.  8(

Thanks,
Jim.